01908 282 121
Mon-Fri: 8:30AM–6PM • Sat: 9AM-5PM

A Motorcycle Licence

AM, A1, A2, A are all motorcycle licences & require the same tests, they are just taken on, and allow you to ride, different sized bikes. The courses all cost the same.

To gain any motorcycle licence you must have already completed your CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) & passed your Theory Test. (Both valid 2 years)

The A License is the full unrestricted motorcycle license which you can take from either 21 (if held a valid A2 licence 2 years) or 24 years old

The test must be taken on a machine of at least 595cc & must produce a maximum power output of at least 40kw/50bhp.

Only certain bikes are considered suitable by the DVSA for training. Check with the DVSA before considering doing the training on your own bike. We would always recommend using one of our bikes.

Who’s it for

You need to be at least 21 (with an A2*) or 24 years old & over for this licence.

For those riders who wish to have a full unrestricted motorbike licence, allowing them to ride the most powerful bikes.

Who doesn’t it suit

Those that have no interest in ever riding the most powerful bikes available.

We Provide

A New Honda to complete your training on.

Full insurance so you have nothing to worry about.

What you’ll Need

Completed CBT & Passed Theory Test both within the last 2 years.

Suitable clothing, similar to what was required for your CBT

Motorcycle Helmet & Gloves

What you can Ride

Any motorcycle, unlimited power.

No L plates required when passed

You can carry passengers

You ARE allowed on motorways

The Training & Test

Your training will be spread over a number of days dependant on your competence on 2 wheels.

Your training team will advise you of the best plan for your experience.

Module 1 off-road test

Taken in an off-road motorcycle manoeuvring area & includes:

  • wheeling the moped or motorcycle and using the stand
  • riding a slalom and figure of 8
  • a slow ride
  • a U-turn
  • cornering and a controlled stop
  • cornering and an emergency stop
  • cornering and hazard avoidance

Module 2 on-road test:

You must pass module 1 before you can take the module 2 test.

  • an eyesight check
  • ‘show me, tell me’ vehicle safety questions
  • road riding
  • independent riding

Using your Own Bike

If you wish to use your own bike you must have the following:

  • Original insurance cover note or certificate
  • Valid MOT certificate if your bike is older than 3 years
  • Valid "Road tax"
  • The bike must display L plates at both front and rear

At this stage you’re not legally allowed to ride your own A licence bike on public roads, so you will need adequate transportation to get the bike to and from the training ground.

Only certain bikes are considered suitable by the DVSA for training. Check with the DVSA before considering doing the training on your own bike. The preferred option by many would be to use one of the bikes on our fleet.

*Complete one of our courses and you will receive a certificate of achievement making you eligible for a 20% discount on helmets, clothing, gloves and boots.